Thursday, December 14, 2017
News headlines for the morning of December 14, 2017:
- First responders in Scott County won't have to risk their lives speeding to calls that aren't "life or death" emergencies.
- The Moline Parks and Recreation Department says that the new bridge to Sylvan Island should open "any day now," even though the city has yet to set a definitive date.
- The Quad City Symphony Orchestra has hired a new Executive Director.
- An Illinois state senator is calling for an audit of the state-run veterans home in western Illinois that's been the subject of a WBEZ investigation.
- Voters in Cook County will get the chance to vote on a non-binding referendum in the March primary on whether recreational marijuana should be legalized.