WVIK App FAQ
What are some of the features of the new app?
- You can choose between either of our two streams, WVIK or APRIS, and jump back and forth between them any time.
- Once you've selected a station, you can stream what is currently on the air. See the "Play" button at the bottom of the screen, with listing of program title.
- You can "Pause" this audio for up to 10 minutes and when you re-start by pressing "Play", you'll resume where you left off.
- To listen while you're on another app on your device, simply press your device's "Home" key to go to that other app.
- Many of our music programs (including those produced here at WVIK) will display the current piece at the top of the screen, while you're live streaming that program.
- You can also find past local and national news/talk segments or programs listed under a variety of categories such as "WVIK News" or "Talking Art".
The app can be downloaded for your apple devices here:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wvik-quad-cities-npr/id1446841117?mt=8
The app can be downloaded for your android devices here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.publicmediaapps.wvik