Wednesday, January 31, 2018
News headlines for the morning of January 31, 2018:
- A Moline-based company played a key role in creating a traveling exhibit for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, which will open at the Putnam Museum in Davenport this weekend.
- A new program to help drug addicts in Rock Island County will stress treatment instead of arrest and jail.
- A three-member Iowa Senate panel is delaying a decision on a bill that would require all drug prescriptions to be submitted to pharmacies electronically.
- Opponents of a bill to outlaw so-called sanctuary cities in Iowa filled a committee room with an overflowing crowd at the statehouse.
- The son of billionaire investor Warren Buffett says he will donate $1.4 million to Macon County, Illinois, which includes Decatur.
- The federal tax cut could save almost $150 million in utility bills for Iowa residents.