Enjoy Special Prices & Exhibits During QC Museum Week
After missing last year because of the coronavirus, Quad Cities Museum Week is back.
Charlotte Doehler-Morrison is the Vice President of Marketing and Communications for Visit Quad Cities. She says many local museums report an 80 percent drop in admissions over the last year.
Fourteen museums and attractions are participating this year, featuring free or discounted admissions and special exhibits and tours. They include museums devoted to history, manuscripts, music, Native Americans, science, sawmills, and trucks.
Details are at QCMuseumWeek.com. It runs through June 13th. And here are some of the details.
- Bix Beiderbecke Museum & Archives – Complimentary admission.
- Butterworth Center & Deere-Wiman House – Complimentary programs, tours and a special exhibit “Out of the Attic”, featuring artifacts rarely seen before.
- Cody Homestead – Mention “Museum Week” and receive buy-one-get one free admission.
- Dan Nagle Walnut Grove Pioneer Village – Complimentary admission and live demonstrations of old world crafts on Friday, June 11 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Davenport School Museum – Complimentary admission and two new window displays on "Legends of Track" and "Original 14 Elementary Schools" including photos, copper plates, and historical data.
- Family Museum – New Storyland exhibit.
- Figge Art Museum –Special activities, tours, and exhibits.
- German American Heritage Center – Complimentary admission includes entry to their main permanent gallery and their rotating galleries.
- Hauberg Estate – Complimentary Behind the Scenes tours during select dates.
- Iowa 80 Trucking Museum – Complimentary admission, 10% off gift shop purchases, and a collection of antique trucks.
- John Hauberg Indian Museum – Complimentary admission and scavenger hunt with prizes.
- Karpeles Manuscript Museum – Complimentary admission, scavenger hunt with prizes, and new Abraham Lincoln as a Boy exhibit.
- Putnam Museum & Science Center – Discounted $5 admission.
- The Sawmill Museum – Buy-one-get-one-free admission and free pine seed packets while supply lasts.